This fund is now closed to applications. The deadline for receipt of applications was Tuesday 16 May, 2017.
Read about the groups who benefited from these grants here.
Comic Relief, the Western Daily Press and Somerset Community Foundation bring Comic Relief Community Cash to Somerset. Comic Relief Community Cash grants of £500-£1,000 are available to small organisations in Somerset that are doing great work to help local people living tough lives.
To be considered for funding you will need to:
- Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area
- Be a small local group with an income of less than £100,000 run by local people
- Have limited access to other sources of income
- Clearly define the need you are addressing
- Clearly demonstrate the benefit of your activities to disadvantaged people
- Illustrate how you aim to deliver social outcomes
- Provide clear evidence that the services provided are inclusive to all
- Provide clear evidence that the activities provided will target people who would ordinarily struggle to access those opportunities
We are looking for a wide range of projects that are able to deliver social outcomes.
Examples of the type of activities we will fund:
- Counselling and advice services
- Disability sports clubs/activities
- Training, skill building and volunteering projects
- Community groups and set up costs for new groups
- Support groups
Who Can Apply?
We are particularly keen to ensure we reach groups of people who often miss out. As such we accept applications from the voluntary and community sector including:
- constituted voluntary and community groups
- social enterprises
- community interest companies
Groups which have been established for less than 12 months, are eligible to apply.
Priority will be given to small, locally based groups in areas of disadvantage that have a clear understanding of the needs of their community and are undertaking actions as a means of addressing these needs. Depending on the quality and volume of applications received priority will be given to:
- Those that are new to Comic Relief and/or Community Foundation funding
- Those in areas of high deprivation
- Those in geographically underfunded areas
- Those with lived experience, where people directly affected by the issues are involved in all levels of the organisation
- Those with innovative approaches, to respond to clearly defined need
- Those demonstrating effective practice, with evidence that the methodology being used will be successful
- Organisations who are in receipt of a grant directly from Comic Relief (excluding the Community Cash programme)
- Statutory organisations, including schools
- National organisations, unless the application is submitted by a local office with a separate management committee, bank account and governing documents
In addition, Community Cash grants cannot be used to fund:
- trips abroad;
- buses, mini buses or other community transport schemes (not including transport costs forming part of a project);
- building costs, including access adaptations to buildings.
How to apply
Apply online using the link below. You can return to your online application form as many times as is needed, and save it as you go along. The online application link can also be shared with colleagues, or other parties, if more than one person needs to contribute to the application.
To apply to Comic Relief Community Cash, click here.
You will be informed of the outcome of your application during the week commencing 10 July 2017.