'DO IT' AWARDS
We want to harness the experience, expertise and innovation of people to help deal with the challenges, and meet the needs and aspirations, of an ageing population.
We are working with UnLtd (the foundation for social entrepreneurs) and the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, who recently launched Solutions for an Ageing Society. The programme will offer strategic support and cash for Awards to social entrepreneurs who are determined to meet the needs and aspirations of people in later life.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for people who have the talent and determination to come up with new, sustainable ventures creating the social impact we need; problem solvers and ideas people.
We are looking for early stage social entrepreneurs. So, what does this mean? It could be people working in the social impact space already, entrepreneurs passionate about making our ageing society a better place or it could mean people with just a bright idea to make life better for older people.
We believe radical new approaches are needed to address the challenges and opportunities associated with our ageing population, including poverty and disadvantage. So, we want to connect with the social entrepreneurs who have the energy, innovation and skills to make a real difference.
WHO IS THE DO IT AWARD FOR?
Do It Awards are for:
- Individuals over the age of 16 living in th UK
- mainly benefits the older people in Somerset
- needs an Award to ensure its success
- offers you a learning opportunity
- is a new initiative
- are part of your paid employment
- involve political or religious campaigning
- involve activities outside the law or against public policy; or anything that encourages ethnic, religious or commercial disharmony
- involve employing people, other than yourself, to carry out most of the project work
- are to fund living expenses
Do It Awards are cash Awards of between £500 and £5000 plus practical support to help you turn your ideas into a reality. We will provide advice and, where appropriate, signpost you to training and mentoring opportunities to give your venture the best chance of success.
Please call Jocelyn on 01749 34494 to discuss your idea and to request an application pack.